DC Area Moms main goal is to help moms connect with one another in meaningful ways along with encouraging moms and providing relevant resources. If you are new to the area or have been here a while, we all...
Maybe it was growing up in a half-Catholic family where passing someone in need filled me with guilt from an early age. Maybe it was growing up in an Army family, where serving was just part of what you're...
Searching for a local school for your early learner? It can be a daunting task, especially with so many excellent options in the DC area. Today, we’re highlighting one of the area’s top-rated preschools, The Winchester School in Silver...
The beginning of the school year means new backpacks, awkwardly posed pictures and so much paperwork. There are forms that need to be submitted, extra-curricular registration deadlines, and of course, opportunities to volunteer. As I prepare to volunteer for...
There are many articles on the importance of friendships with fellow moms. These friendships are special and needed. I could write that article, but it’s already been written many times over. A lesser discussed, yet equally important topic, is how...
  Who would’ve thought that my rejection from the preschool we wanted most would lead to the best decision of our schooling years… to make our own preschool! That homegrown co-op school became not only the perfect place for my kids...
Hi, my name is Moira and I live with... my husband our two children at my mother's house along with my grandmother Wonky policy people call us a four-generation household.   Let me stop you right there before you can even think,...
Please meet 12 new, wonderful contributors to our site. We are excited to have them on the team and look forward to sharing their posts with you! As always, please follow along, ask questions, and comment on all of...
Does the shutdown have you going a little stir crazy without your favorite places to visit open? We have created a list of places that are open during the government shutdown. These are great options to keep having fun...
We are so grateful to have launched DC Moms Blog earlier this year and are looking forward to an even more exciting and fruitful year ahead in 2019 with posts and events. We are taking a content break the...

KID Museum

Stepping into KID Museum on a Saturday afternoon, I was surrounded by tons of kids busy making their imaginations come to life. Older kids were assembling Legos into moving robotic creations with computer programming, younger kids were making ping-pong balls fly...
We met when we were deep in the trenches of first-time motherhood, brought together by proximity and the shared birth years of our children. In those days, life was an endless cycle of sleepless nights, nursing babies, and toddlers...
Confession: Being a mom has made me kind of a lousy environmentalist. I put my kids in disposable diapers; I pack their snacks in plastic baggies. I make quick calculations about what will save me time, freeing up a...
Tis the season to give thanks.  With whining toddlers, dirty diapers, and stress at home and work, many of us forget just how much we have to be thankful for amid all the chaos.  Thanksgiving provides parents with an...

Stay Connected

6,224FansLike
17,542FollowersFollow
91FollowersFollow
589FollowersFollow

In + Around DC

Top DC Area Bagel Shops

We all know that DC isn’t New York or New Jersey when it comes to bagels. But, in my opinion, DC does have bagels...