When every day feels the same
As I was pondering what to write for this month’s post, I was struggling to find something both relatable and noteworthy that has occurred in the last few months of my life. Since every day of quarantine is feeling more and more like a scene from the movie Groundhog’s Day, I thought, what better time to share a few of what seem to be unlimited for all of us right now: questions.
We are living through a unique, unprecedented time that not long from now, will make history books. We are experiencing shortages of all types: nurses, hospital beds, masks, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, medical staff, and so much more. There is no shortage of questions, though. So in an act of solidarity, I am going to share some of the ones that float into my head while doing the dishes, as well as those that keep me awake at night. I will start with a disclaimer that I do struggle with anxiety so don’t let what doesn’t scare you, scare you after reading this post. My hope is that in sharing, you will feel less alone.
Here are my questions from quarantine:
- What day is it?
- How many days have I worn this shirt?
- Where’s my coffee mug?
- Is it naptime yet?
- When was the last time I bathed the kids?
- What do we need at the grocery store?
- When can I go back to work?
- How many cases of confirmed COVID-19 are in my city today?
- Is it naptime yet?
- What should I make for dinner?
- What are the kids going to learn in school tomorrow?
- Is it bedtime yet?
- When is Sephora having that online sale again?
- I wonder how my parents are doing.
- I wonder how the elderly lady down the street is doing.
- How will my kids remember this time?
- I wonder when everyone will be able to take off their masks.
- How will this change our interpersonal relationships with others?
- Why didn’t I invest in Zoom?
- What color should I paint my bathroom?
- Is it Friday yet?
- What if we don’t recover from this?
- What if they never go back to school?
- Did I make a mistake choosing to homeschool my kids prior to COVID-19?
- Will my kids know how to make friends when we find our new normal?
- Does my husband think I am doing a good job parenting?
- Am I happy with the way I am parenting?
- Will my parents resent me for not visiting them more?
- Will someone I love die without me getting to say goodbye?
- What if this virus takes someone I love?
- What if, by some chance, my husband and I both die from this virus?
- Should we have another baby?
- When can he get a vasectomy?
- What book should I read next?
- Are we there yet?
What questions have come to your mind while under quarantine? Share your questions from quarantine in the comments below!