Know an amazing local non-profit (like Rosie Riveters)? Nominate them to be featured here!  Founded in 2015, Rosie Riveters is a Northern Virginia nonprofit that equips and empowers preschool through middle-school aged girls from diverse backgrounds to be strong, confident,...
We are grateful for the sponsor of this guide: Bright Horizons. Please be sure to check out thorough details about their centers below. We are thankful for Bright Horizons sponsorship, which allows us to continue to bring DC Area Moms...
Are you struggling to find meaning in your day-to-day job? Feeling “stuck” in your current position/career? Looking to impact your local community? Serving on a nonprofit Board or committee may be the next role you want to consider.  Board Service...
A Buy Nothing Group is a group of individuals that openly gift and share items with each other.  Buy Nothing Project started as a “hyper-local gift economy” by two friends in Washington State in 2013.  Since then, it has...
With the vaccination rates and public consumption of the data available, many people are determining their social etiquette post covid vaccine and their level of comfort re-entering the world. In some ways this feels like Brood X emerging, and...
DC's Rankings In March 2021, YouGov released a survey ranking the 50 states in the U.S.  According to the results of this survey, Americans ranked Washington DC #51, the worst state (well, we are technically not even a state but that...
In case returning to "real life" requires a little encouragement I listened this morning to the "Wait, We’re Not Ready" episode of the fabulous What Fresh Hell: Laughing in the Face of Motherhood podcast — and let me tell you,...
Starbucks as a love language Have you heard of the Five Love Languages? (If you haven’t, go look them up and find yours.) But also, I think Gary Chapman missed an important one: Starbucks. I don’t think anyone has ever...
I've been thinking more about how to celebrate the month of Ramadan during a pandemic. It's time for me to decide which traditions to keep and what might need to be different this year. Ramadan is about so much more...
The beginning of spring and the National Cherry Blossom Festival is marked by beautiful bursts of color from the many varieties of cherry trees in the area. Celebrating this symbol of renewal and friendship is an annual tradition for many...
P&G products have a special discount at Giant Food from January 22, 2021 through February 8, 2021. Buy $20 in P&G products, Get Free Pickup OR Buy $30 in P&G products, Get Free Delivery from Giant Food. In addition to the online promotion, at...
All of us at DC Area Moms are grateful for YOU, our reader. We are planning for 2021 and we’d love to hear from you! The information you share helps us serve families just like yours with useful content....
We need one another, we need to read, we need accountability (because life is wild, amiright!), and we need to have meaningful adult conversations in our life. Taking a step back from motherhood, work, household duties, responsibilities, etc. to...
Instagram is full of fun, gorgeous photos, and inspiration. Here is our list of some of our favorite local Black Mom Instagram accounts to follow. We love them and think you will too. Angelica Talan is a fun and down-to-earth...

Stay Connected

6,225FansLike
17,648FollowersFollow
91FollowersFollow
589FollowersFollow

In + Around DC

Weekend Trip to Visit Gatlinburg, TN

Our teenager plays basketball and his team ends their year with a tournament in Gatlinburg, TN. Last year, we went with a 5-month-old baby...

Top DC Area Bagel Shops