If you’re looking for things to do in your area, there are plenty of places to go – but if you’re looking for something to truly experience, look no further than Topgolf. A technology-enabled, golf entertainment concept where people from all walks of life come to play golf their own way in a dynamic, multi-level venue experience. No matter the occasion or who you share it with, we believe that every great time starts with play, is fueled by food and drinks, moved by music and all made possible through community.
Did you know the next generation of golf is being redefined at Topgolf? With seasonal academies, lessons and birthday parties and events throughout the year, kids will have a blast and grow their game like never before. Also, as summer comes around, make sure to check out Topgolf’s Summer Fun Pass – the hottest offer of summer for family fun!
Check out any of the three locations in the DMV area, including Loudoun, Germantown and National Harbor. Visit https://topgolf.com/us/plan-a-visit/ and book your play today!
Do you feel like suddenly everyone you know is suddenly into golf? It’s not unusual for my friends, family, and coworkers to make and talk about their golf or golf-adjacent plans. My husband even reasoned how golf was a great, socially-distanced activity to do during the early days of lockdowns during the COVID-19 pandemic. So maybe it’s just me, but golf seems to be having a moment. The good news is there are a lot of DC area golf activities for everyone to do for both golf lovers and those who hang out with golf lovers in the DMV. While we enjoy playing at local parks, it is good to switch things up and teach kids a new skill that will last a lifetime!
Where to Learn the Game of Golf
Want to play, but not sure how? These places teach how to play the game:
- Topgolf offers lesson packages at their various locations.
- Schedule lessons with instructors with GolfDC Academy at Langston, East Potomac and Rock Creek Park.
- The PGA Superstore in Fairfax also offers lessons.
- City Swing in Dupont Circle is a great place to learn some tips.
- Five Iron Golf in City Center in DC is a simulator that uses data to tell you about your shot; they also do lessons.
- Sign your child up for inexpensive lessons with The First Tee at a plethora of places all over the US.
Looking to golf and just golf
Looking to play a round? There are a lot of options in the DC area. DC itself has some great public courses that are easily accessible and wonderful courses for both beginners and experts.
- Langston Golf Course in DC
- East Potomac Golf in DC
- Rock Creek Park Golf in DC. The cool thing with these courses is they are part of the National Links Trust, “a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and protecting affordability, accessibility and engaging golf course architecture at municipal golf courses throughout the United States of America.”
- Renditions in Davidsonville, MD is another great option. This course features replicas of some of the most famous holes in golf. Golf fans will love to be able to play a few of their favorites.
- Reston National Golf Course in VA
- Washington Golf & Country Club in Arlington, VA
- University of Maryland Golf Course in College Park, MD
- Bull Run Golf Course in Haymarket, VA
- Blue Mash Golf Course in Laytonsville, MD
Fun for both golfers and non-golfers
What has been fun about golf getting more popular is the rise of Topgolf. This is great for friends and families to hang out, hit some balls while also eating and drinking. There are multiple in the DMV – check out their locations in National Harbor, Germantown, or Loudon. This is a place that is not intimidating at all and is open to all levels and abilities with golf.
Is Mini-Golf More Your Thing?
Are you someone who is better at mini golf, like me? Here are more great options that offer golf activities for everyone.
- H Street Country Club is an indoor course inside a restaurant and always a fun time.
- The Upton Hill course in Arlington is great for families.
- East Potomac Mini Golf has practice holes that are great for first timers.
- Monster Mini Golf in Gaithersburg has mini golf, as well as an arcade, laser tag, and more.
- Puttery just opened near the National Portrait Gallery.
Golf is definitely growing in popularity as a pastime, and the DMV has a lot of great options for all! Take advantage this spring and summer of all the great DC area golf activities around.
Want to get outfitted in the most custom way? Connect with The Golf Doctor in DC.
I have learned that golf is a great sport and there are golf activities for everyone in our area. Enjoy and tag us in your pictures when you are out and about!