Food halls seem to be the newest trend, and the DC area isn’t immune. Finding the top food halls in the DC area can be tough, as the concentration of them has increased in the past couple of years. What is great about a food hall is that there are choices, and that can make meal time a lot easier when out in a group (whether that group is your family with kids who all want something different, friends who have different dietary restrictions and budgets, or a solo mom-meal who is having all different types of cravings). They are a wonderful way to taste different cuisines, opening yourself to a myriad of culinary delights. So the next time you’re out and about, add one of the top 5 food halls in the DC area to your list of places to try!
Top 5 Food Halls in the DC Area
- Union Market/La Cosecha. 1309 5th Street NE and 1280 4th Street NE, Washington, DC 20002. Union Market and La Cosecha are a block from each other, but they complement each other extremely well. La Cosecha specializes in Latin American vendors, while Union Market has a little bit of everything. Parking is available at both locations, and there is plenty of outdoor seating as well. The area around both has other restaurants as well, so you can’t go wrong with the spot here.
- The Roost – 1401 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Washington, DC 20003. The stalls here cover everything you might want, but the best part is that you can order easily from any of them using a QR code. Food gets brought right to your table. Close to the Potomac Avenue metro station and the highway, this should be a stop on your day in DC.
- Western Market – 2000 Pennsylvania Ave NW #3500, Washington, DC 20006. Located on George Washington University’s campus, this food hall is relatively new. With its central location, it’s a great stop after a day of sightseeing in the city. It has outposts for some DC-area food staples, like Roaming Rooster, Arepa Zone, and Capo Italian Deli.
- Spice Village – 2501 Centreville Rd, Herndon, VA 20171. Many Virginia food halls are a bit closer to DC, but this all-halal food hall in Herndon makes a name for itself. The vendors here cover Chinese food, steakhouse-type food, burgers, and other cuisines like Afghan.
- Quarter Market – 4238 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22203. This food hall has basically anything that someone could be craving. Want a hot chicken sandwich? Try Hot Lola’s. Kids want pizza? Timber Pizza Co is there. Parents want a drink? Ballston Service Station has you covered. There is truly something for everyone here. Quarter Market at Ballston is a wonderful addition to this vibrant area.
Let us know if you decide to try any of these recommendations!