Badlands is a new nature-inspired play space and interactive environment in Rockville, MD where children can take risks, succeed at challenging themselves, and find their own way.  The space is simply amazing and provides plenty to keep kids ages 2-13 busy for...
As the school year began and the work started piling up, it struck me how hard it is to get anything done. When I say work, I don’t mean the work I get paid to do (although that is...
  We had our very first event for Moms -- A Mingle and Munch at Matchbox on 14th Street on August 8th, 2018. Of course, we were nervous, excited, and humbled all at the same time. We didn't know exactly how...
My husband and I moved to Virginia when our second daughter was almost a year old. Having two young children and living away from close family was manageable. It was easy for us to visit our families back in...
When it comes to visiting museums with kids in DC, people often flock to the big names: Air and Space, Natural History, American History. But for the last few years, since it's grand renovation and reopening, the oft-overlooked Renwick...
Thinking of a creative way to keep your kids busy? Give them a chance to practice their business savvy? Help them learn a new skill? Consider a kids marketplace! What's a kids marketplace you say? It's an event where multiple kids get...

Thank you, Village!

It was 4:02 on Monday morning. I was deep in a dream when I heard the phone ring loudly.  Surprisingly, it was my usually hard- to-rouse husband who jumped up, found the phone, announced “It’s her”, and handed it...

Stay Connected

6,224FansLike
17,606FollowersFollow
91FollowersFollow
589FollowersFollow

In + Around DC

Weekend Trip to Visit Gatlinburg, TN

Our teenager plays basketball and his team ends their year with a tournament in Gatlinburg, TN. Last year, we went with a 5-month-old baby...

Top DC Area Bagel Shops