Have you ever tried scrape painting? You are going to love it! In fact, I have become addicted to it! And since Valentine’s day is just around the corner, let’s create a DIY Valentine’s Day Craft filled with love and glitter. Who doesn’t like sparkly things?! If you are not a fan of glitter, you can always skip it. Crafting is very beneficial for children. It improves their creativity, patience, fine motor-skills, and pencil grip.
Gather your supplies and let’s get crafty!
Supplies Needed for Valentine’s Day Craft
- Watercolor Paper
- Acrylic Paint (we used iridescent pink, red, orange)
- Long piece of cardboard or a Squeegee
- Piece of paper
- Acrylic or permanent Markers (we used black and red)
- Thin paint brush or craft stick (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Tray or tin foil (optional)
- Squeeze a little bit of acrylic paint of your choice (we used pink, red, and orange) onto the watercolor paper.
2. Use a long piece of cardboard or squeegee to carefully scrape the paint across the whole paper. Let it dry.
3. Sketch a heart shape on a piece of paper and cut it out. Once the acrylic paint is dry, trace the heart shape on the back of your scrape painting. Cut it out.
4. Draw the face features on the heart. Winky eyes with eyelashes are always fun and super chic! Add two red circles for the cheeks as well as another red circle for the lips! Finish the happy face design with a curvy line across the lips.
5. If you are a fan of glitter, keep on reading! Squeeze little bit of the liquid glue onto the bottom of the heart. Use the thin paint brush or craft stick to spread the glue across the paper.
6. It’s time for your creativity to shine! Sprinkle glitter over the liquid glue. You can play with different colors if you like! Tip:Have a tray or tin foil handy to get rid of the excess glitter.
7. Shake off the excess glitter. Use the tray or tin foil if you like.
8. Ta-Daaaaa. You just created your very own DIY Valentine ‘s Day craft. If you made this Valentine’s with your kiddos, don’t forget to praise them. Feel free to hang this piece of art onto your walls or gift it to someone special!
Check out more craft ideas and activities and comment below with your favorite ideas!
Happy Valentine’s Day to you all.
Stay well and healthy.
This article does contain Amazon Affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through these links, a teeny tiny portion goes to our site and we are so grateful.