Mother’s Day is almost here! Are you ready? If not, we’ve got the inspiration you need. Here are some special Mother’s Day gifts and treats from small businesses we love.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget a card! It’s even better if your kids make one.
MEAL KITS & DELIVERY
I usually love cooking meals for my family and trying new recipes, but a delivered meal sounds like a dream this Mother’s Day, as does a meal kit to make some of my favorite restaurant dishes I’ve been missing out on over the past year or so.
- Rose’s at Home is offering a Mother’s Day Brunch for two. Not only do they deliver meals and have a wine club, but they have lots of dining options with friends and family including coming to your home to cook a meal. Rose’s at Home is a part of the Rose‘s Restaurant Group and the youngest sibling to Rose‘s Luxury, Little Pearl and Pineapple and Pearls.
- Le Diplomate is always a win and you can get brunch to-go.
- Unconventional Diner will deliver family-style meals via DoorDash. Bonus points for it’s kid-friendly items!
- Founding Farmer’s has a wonderful Brunch at home for moms and families!
- If you’ve been trying (and failing) to get a reservation at Maydan, you may finally be able to try some of their famous dishes! Family-style platters are available along with their legendary spreads and small plates. Unfortunately, they don’t deliver, but pickup is available.
- Who doesn’t love pizza? Lots of local restaurants are offering pizza kits, including All Purpose.
- Check out Scubs Kitchen for fun cookie kits too!
MOM & ME GIFTS
Mother’s Day is all about celebrating being a mom, which (obviously) includes our kids! Here are some gifts that will bring them into the fold, too.
- Take Care is one of my favorite local businesses, and its owner, Becky, has created a dreamy spa to take care of mom!
- There are few things I cherish more than our family photos, so why not gift mom a family photo shoot? Libby Bianchi is a local mom and extremely talented photographer who’s offering in-home sessions that would be the perfect keepsake.
- The Striped Sheep isn’t local, but I love its premise. Founded by a New York mom of sons, the company designs classic striped shirts so moms can match their kids (both boys and girls). Buying from her gives back, too, with 10% of all purchases go to No Kid Hungry.
TREATS FOR MOM
Lastly, we have some small gifts that are beautiful gestures to mom to let her know you care and are grateful for all the work she’s doing.
- Personalized gifts show a little extra thought went into them, and this tote bag from Tuckernuck is no exception. Their orders are shipping quickly from their Maryland warehouse, so it’ll arrive on time!
- Silverglow Studio makes artisan, all-natural soy candles and is offering CUSTOM Mother’s Day Gift Box. Oh and they have a Candle a Month Subscription that would make a great gift.
- Mallory Shelter is a local jewelry designer with beautiful minimalist jewelry, especially these hoops, which will add the perfect amount of sparkle to any mom’s day.
- One thing every mom loves? A few minutes alone to relax. These candles and bath salts from Handmade Habitat will give her just that.
- Flowers are always a good idea, but plants are great too. ReWild has a great selection and offers local delivery!
- Get her a gift card to a local Spa for some real R&R!
- Shop Made in DC, Salt & Sundry, and Steadfast Supply feature local artists and are open for business online.
- Are you at home and your wife is feeling inspired to decorate with art on the walls? Contact Lauren Heller Art Consultant to schedule a consultation.
- Speaking of art, why not buy original artwork from Cris Logan or Jennifer Allevato?!
Share your favorite Mother’s Day gifts below!