Can you believe that Halloween is just around the corner? My son, Luca, loves Halloween. He has been dreaming about going trick or treating and wearing a costume since this spring… and because he is a Leo baby, I created this Lion Mask for him. Actually, it was a family project. Both of my children Luca and Anna helped with the painting while I cut and glued all the parts together. There is still some time to create this very simple DIY Halloween lion mask for your little one.
- Large white card stock paper (or cardboard paper)
- Colorful construction paper
- Acrylic Paint (you can also use washable kids paint)
- Circle paper punch (this has been a lifesaver if you enjoy doing crafts with your little ones)
- Tacky Glue
- Design and cut out lion features using colorful papers.
- To create the lion’s mane, use a big pot to create the outer edge.
- Trace the inner edge inside the first circle you created. (I used a circle plate to create the inner edge.)
- Cut out the ring to create the mane base.
- Paint the lion’s mane and let it dry. (We used orange acrylic paint. The kids’ washable paint will work as well.)
6. To create the lion’s face, cut out another circle, or use a paper plate.
7. Glue on the lion’s features. (Note: Prior to sticking the eyes, cut out two holes for the eyes. The holes don’t need to be perfect as you will cover them with two black circles. I highly recommend getting the circle paper punch as it makes the perfect circles.)
8. Glue the craft sticks onto the lion’s mane. (I used Tacky Glue.)
9. Lastly, stick the lion’s face onto the lion’s mane.
10. When you are happy with your lion mask, attach a straw or pencil to the back of the mask with strong tape.
And there you go. You just created your own DIY Halloween Lion Mask!
Children will love transforming into a playful lion with this fun and simple mask made from paper. Remember to involve your little ones in creative projects such as this one, as it is the perfect bonding time for your whole family.
I hope you will get a chance to create this Halloween mask. If you do, please remember to find me on Instagram @lulu__make and tag me on your posts.
Check out more craft ideas and activities and comment below with your favorite ideas!
This article does contain Amazon Affiliate links, if you choose to purchase through these links, it won’t change your price and a teeny tiny portion would go to support our site and we would be so grateful!