A few years ago, I was at a friend's house for a meal and we were discussing a popular mom topic: simplifying the meal schedule. She told me that she and a few other families on her block participate...
Celebrating Black History Month during a pandemic can present indoor challenges. So here's a guide on how to celebrate outdoors. Many museums are closed or have limited entry, and let’s face it, sometimes scheduling advance tickets is not part of...
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! As I get set to embark on this glitter and sugar-filled adventure with my kids, I’ve been looking for ways to celebrate that go beyond the typical cards and candy (I'll still eat plenty of...
As a mother of children ranging from 18 to 3 years old, celebrating a holiday of any kind can run the gamut. They are often lovingly chaotic, and there are elements I do forget. I try to make sure...
2021 has been a year to remember! The pandemic is still in full swing and we hope you and your family have been healthy. Through all of it, each one of us have been making the most of it...
The Holiday Season is coming up quickly and the best way to get involved in the giving spirit is to actively participate in local charity and giving campaigns.  Last year in the height of the pandemic, our family planned...
Teachers and GIFTS - the never ending dilemma of how to show appreciation and saying “Thank you” for all the hard work. Today, we will show you an EASY and very cute DIY gift for your child’s favorite teacher. ...
The kids have been back in school for well over a month, but I still have not settled in yet. I suspect it is because this year feels different. Like most parents, I agonized over the decision to do...
Foster the Family DC is a local non-profit that launched this September to support local foster and adoptive families. They provide immediate, emergency support through resources and supplies, as well as ongoing, holistic support through community and care. Abuse, neglect,...
This past month has been a particularly heavy month to watch news from around the world. The upheaval in Afghanistan has led to scores of displaced families becoming refugees. Many thousands have and will continue to settle in our...
It was January of 2020, the middle of the pandemic, and I was still breastfeeding my 17-month-old daughter. This was my second go-round with breastfeeding. I weaned my older son at 14 months and it was easy. My daughter,...
This has definitely been a heavy week for many of us. The developments all over the world over the past couple of weeks have left me paralyzed and with a sense of hopelessness. I usually wake up, read the...
Have you ever thought to outsource and automate most life tasks? I was - maybe still am - one of those people who likes to do things myself. This is because I have always liked learning, the process, and...
This summer, The Little Free Library® (LFL) launched their Read in Color initiative at CentroNía in Washington, DC in partnership with Everybody Wins DC (EWDC) and Van Metre Companies. Through this incredible initiative, 21 new Little Free Library book-sharing...

Stay Connected

6,226FansLike
17,735FollowersFollow
91FollowersFollow
589FollowersFollow

In + Around DC

The DC Area’s Best Childcare Providers

One of the first decisions many parents make (sometimes even before their child is born!) is where they'll send their little ones to daycare....

Top DC Area Bagel Shops